
This is my belly at 28 weeks (last Thursday night)! Baby is lying at an angle, head is down and to my lower right, rear end is up and under my left ribs. I mostly feel the arms thrashing about, although there is some squirming.
Tim and I have signed up for "hypnobirthing" classes. This is a fairly new birthing method that allows a woman to approach birthing without fear of pain. The majority of babies born to women who have used this method arrive calmly, without stress. We are doing this to give us a chance of having baby delivered (or "breathed out" as they say) without distress so we can have a few minutes to bond with baby.
We are also hiring a birthing doula. We have asked Lynn, my yoga instructor, to be there with us at baby's birth. As she describes it, "I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the staff to make sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor. I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning, and other techniques for comfort."
I'm confident that with Lynn there, and having had the hypnobirthing training, I am doing all I can control to make this birth as smooth and natural a process as possible. Everything else is in God's hands.
1 comment:
Look at you!!! You look great! Take care! Tracie
Post a Comment