Yesterday I went in for my ninth ultrasound. This was a complete growth scan. I also underwent Non Stress Testing (NST) which I will now do twice a week from here on out. NSTs check to see how your babies are faring. They want to see their heart rates accelerate twice in a twenty minute period, and also to see how they react when you have a contraction. And then lastly, I had an office visit. I guess I'm going to be having one of those weekly now, too. Scans are still every other week, alternating between a limited scan (like I had at 30 weeks) and a full scan (like the one yesterday).
First I had the NST, which the three of us passed. I only felt and saw one Cx on the monitor, so it was nice to see I'm not having more than what I feel. Baby B wasn't getting in her second acceleration, so I pushed on her leg and boy did that get her heart racing! All the NST techs were so sweet, they were talking about Thomas and how glad they were that I didn't break my waters on Friday. They said they were praying for me when they heard I was coming in to be checked! I showed them his pictures. It was really nice how much they remember.

Then I had a bit of a wait in the office until I went in for my ultrasound. The tech always examines Baby A first, and then she looks at Baby B. Not only does she look at their anatomy (brain, heart, kidneys, stomach), she measures their limbs, head circumference, and belly circumference. Then she examines the placenta, the cord, and the fluid levels. Baby A has a very large head. Uh oh! It measures 36w4d or so. Both babies are still in the same position -- head down, spooning. Heads are touching, I think. They are in the 75th percentile or so for size. Baby A weighs 5 lb 4 oz, measuring approximately 35w4d; Baby B weighs 4 lb 15 oz, approx 34w4d. I hinted about doing a 3D ultrasound, but the tech didn't take the bait. She is nice but not overly friendly like the tech I had last year. She videotaped a little bit and printed seven pictures. Then she had me wait while she got the doctor. I was just about asleep when he appeared. The OB said everything looked great.
Lastly, I had my office visit. I love my nurse practionner. I talked to her for about 15 minutes about my various questions. We talked about the epidural, and what I should do. I keep going back and forth with this. Best case: I don't need it for either birth. Worst case: I need it for an emergency c/s and it isn't in, so I get general anesthesia (gas) and sleep through one or both of their births. She measured my fundus -- I am 45 weeks, yes you read that right. (That means I look as big as a woman carrying a single baby who is five weeks overdue!) Then she measured me side to side and started laughing and said, "I"m not even going to tell you!" Well I measure 59cm side to side. We joked about figuring out the square footage inside. She won't look at my cervix until my 36wk appt, unless I request it.

So that's the update. I have to say, it was hard getting behind the wheel of the car. My belly is squishing my lap big time. I dread driving myself twice a week now until the end. Ugh.
Here is a photograph of me taken this morning. I decided to model a new pair of nursing pajamas I bought on sale yesterday:
1 comment:
Holy cow, that belly brings back memories!! You look great! :))
Post a Comment