Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The placenta is working!

I got some lovely reassuring news today. The baby's placenta has "kicked in." The doctors reduced my medicines on Saturday, and the blood tests from Tuesday show that the hormone levels are remaining really high, even higher than before. That can only mean one thing: the placenta is now producing its own hormones. Hooray!!!! Baby is growing and doing well!! (They reduced my drugs even more today as a result.)

Yesterday was my first prenatal yoga class! It was a God-send. The yoga made my headache go away, that had been lingering since Monday, ugh! There were four other pregnant women doing the class, which is conveniently located downtown. I had done regular yoga lessons with the instructor over a year ago, so it was nice to work with her again. I have missed doing yoga. The last time I did it was exactly six weeks before, the morning of my embryo transfer! (I think yoga and acupuncture helped me get and stay pregnant this time. I was in the most wonderful sea of calm from January through March.)

No comments: